Monday 28 April 2014

a d v e n t u r e// London day out part 2

We visited the My Name is Paul Smith exhibition at the Design museum which was awesome, probably one of the coolest exhibitions I've seen in ages, really well thought out and presented.








We also saw the Designs of the Year 2014 exhibition at the Design Museum, which was also pretty interesting and inspiring, so many new ideas and designs in a broad range of creative disaplines. 


After the museum we walked down to Tower Bridge and over to the Tower or London, even though I've been to London heaps if times, I've never visited either before. 


The nasty looking weather made for very dramatic photos.




I was laughing at this for ages because it looked like the statue was directing the cranes. Simple things. 


En route to the train station we stopped to visit Sherlock Holmes, sadly we arrived too late to go in to see the full museum but still had time for a quick nose around the gift shop and pose for a photo with Mr Holmes personal guard.



One final stop, just around the corner from Baker Street, to see the house when BBC Sherlock is filmed, although the door number has been changed back to avoid confusing the postman, the door knocker was slightly wonky as expected. Pretty cute. 


And that's it! I think that's the first time I've been to London and not been shopping at all but no complaints, was definitely a lovely and inspiring day out with my dad in my favourite city.

annabelle xoxo 



No comments:

Post a Comment