Saturday 26 April 2014

a d v e n t u r e// London day out part 1

A few weekends back, my dad and I took a trip to London for the day to visit some galleries, see some sights and eat lush food.

We got a crazy early train and arrived in London before pretty much anyone, but this meant we could visit The Breakfast Club in Soho without any queues, which was amazing and wonder down a very empty Carnaby Street, which was odd.


Breakfast at The Breakfast Club


Carnaby Street, Light Bulb Instillation 


Tate Britain- we went to the Tate to see the Ruin Lust exhibition which was amazing, I'm becoming a bit obsessed with abandoned and decaying spaces so it was so inspiring to see so many artists responding to the subject in a really varied way. 


Tate Britain, dad admiring the art. 
The current exhibition in the main hall is by Phyllida Barlow, gigantic sculptures made of found and recycled objects. The first time we walked through the space I wasn't sure how I felt about them, but on walking through again I was really taken by the scale and impact of the pieces and completely changed my mind about them, the did remind me of tree houses and Peter Pan's Lost Boys hideout.


Tate Britain


Tate Britain


Big Ben, the first time I'd ever seen him close up, not actually that big.


Umbrella instillation, Borough Market 


Paper Art instillation, Borough Market. 


Artists In Textiles Exhibition, Fashion and Textiles Museum
Really inspiring exhibition and was so helpful for my uni work, not sure my dad was quite so impressed
with this one but he did seem to enjoy the Dali/ Disney film they had playing on the big screen!



Somewhere near Tower Bridge 


This reminded me of Hogwarts. 


Giant cake for lunch, was pretty epic.

Leaving this post here for now because I have so many photos I want to share.
Part two coming soon.

Annabelle xo

No comments:

Post a Comment